Monday, June 18, 2012

My father, my hero

Father's Day.  A very special day to me, because of the man who is my father.  John Andrews is one of those men whom everybody admires and respects.  He is a good and honest man to the core, with the highest of integrity I've ever known.  He is a man of few words, but his words are thought-out, chosen wisely and meaningful.  His love runs very deep for his family (can you see the pride in his face here with me and my twin sister, Julie?).  He is a gentle, yet strong man.  Not many people can pull that off, but my father does it perfectly.  I remember in my earlier days, calling him after I'd been in a minor car accident or something, and his first response was ALWAYS "Are you okay?"  When I would say "yes," he would then deal with the issue in a very calm, clear manner.  Don't get me wrong, I would get in trouble in my younger days, but his discipline was always calm, clear, and never mean.   Anyone who has this man in his life is privileged, so imagine how I must feel to have him as a father.  Thank you, Daddy, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment