Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fall is in the air!!

  I can see it, hear it, feel it and smell it!
And I'm excited because fall is my very favorite time of the year.
Little signs are popping up here and there in our wonderful New Mexico way.  
The chamisa is in bloom,
the green chile is roasting on the street corners,
fresh red chile ristras hanging from homes and buildings,
little bits of golden yellow leaves on the trees,
and there's a little crisp in the air.
Most people think of the New Year and spring as a times of a new beginning, 
but my friend Laura and I see fall that way.
It's especially that way this year for me.

One of our favorite places to eat in the fall is
El Pinto.
Yes, it has good mexican food and margaritas,
but you should see the sprawling outdoor patio and garden!
The colors, plants and flowers in the front
should give you a little hint of what
I'm talking about.   

Tomorrow, I'm going to make a big pot of green chile stew.
Now what's more 'fall' than that?


No comments:

Post a Comment