Friday, August 17, 2012

Santa Fe Doors

This previous blog post inspired me to join Inspiration Avenue's Weekly Challenge!

I'm sure you've heard of or seen the beautiful doors throughout Santa Fe, NM.  In fact, it's been said that to build a house in Santa Fe, one must start by selecting a door, then build the house around it.  Here are a few jewels I came across last weekend.
(You'll notice I have interspersed some non-door beauty as well...)
This one is my personal favorites --- bright pink with milagros adorning it!
One of my favorite buildings on Canyon Road
It wouldn't be New Mexico without seeing the charming groups of mailboxes!
Beautiful, aren't they?
Just one of the hundreds of reasons I love living in New Mexico.

3 comments:

  1. What an excellent selection of doors from Santa Fe!! Who knew there would be so many interesting ones from there??

    Love that pink one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A seriously fabulous collection of door images! I love the shapes and weathered wood and my fave is the pink one with milagros - it has so much interest! visiting from IA

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful collection and so inspiring with the earthy colours.

    ReplyDelete